Personality Disorders West Palm Beach
A Personality Disorder is a condition that can affect anyone including residents of West Palm Beach.
Personality Disorders are mental illnesses that share several unique qualities. They contain symptoms that are enduring and play a major role in most, if not all, aspects of the person’s life. While many disorders vacillate in terms of symptom presence and intensity, personality disorders typically remain relatively constant.
To be diagnosed with a disorder in this category, a psychologist will look for the following criteria:
- Symptoms have been present for an extended period of time, are inflexible and pervasive, and are not a result of alcohol or drugs or another psychiatric disorder. The history of symptoms can be traced back to adolescence or at least early adulthood.
- The symptoms have caused and continue to cause significant distress or negative consequences in different aspects of the person’s life.
- Symptoms are seen in at least two of the following areas:
- Thoughts (ways of looking at the world, thinking about self or others, and interacting)
- Emotions (appropriateness, intensity, and range of emotional functioning)
- Interpersonal Functioning (relationships and interpersonal skills)
- Impulse Control
Disorders in this Category
Personality Disorder Treatment West Palm Beach FL
Call our West Palm Beach Personality Disorder center today at 561-842-9550 for more information on our Personality Disorder treatment programs or visit us at 44 Cocoanut Way Palm Beach, Fl. 33480.