Drug Abuse Screening Test – DAST-10
To determine if you may have an addiction to drugs, please answer the following questions regarding the last 12 month period with a yes or no. An answer of yes is scored as 1 point. An answer of no is scored as zero. Once completed, add the number of points together and follow the corresponding recommendations listed at the bottom. Be sure to print this to take with you for a professional evaluation when indicated.
In the past 12 months…
1. Have you used drugs other than those required for medical reasons?
2. Do you abuse more than one drug at a time?
3. Are you unable to stop abusing drugs when you want to?
4. Have you ever had blackouts or flashbacks as a result of drug use?
5. Do you ever feel badly or guilty about your drug use?
6. Do your spouse/ parents/ friends ever complain about your involvement with drugs?
7. Have you neglected your family because of your use of drugs?
8. Have you engaged in illegal activities in order to obtain drugs?
9. Have you ever experienced withdrawal symptoms or felt sick when you stopped taking drugs?
10. Have you had medical problems as a result of your drug use (e.g. memory loss, hepatitis, convulsions, bleeding)?
Your Score & Recommendation
3 ‐ 5 = Probable drug problem/ addiction; see professional for evaluation. The quality and length of your life likely depend on it.
6 ‐ 8 = Substantial drug problem/ addiction; see professional for evaluation at earliest convenience.The quality and length of your life depend on it.
9 ‐ 10 = Severe drug problem/ addiction; see professional for evaluation ASAP. The quality and length of your life seriously depend on it.
No single test is completely accurate. You should always consult your physician when making decisions about your health.