Dr. Agresti was raised in New Jersey and came to Florida after completing medical training. He attended Tulane University in New Orleans, LA for premed. The Chicago Medical School for medical school, and completed his Residency in Psychiatry at Roosevelt Hospital in New York City. He is Board Certified in the Practice of Psychiatry.
He has been in private practice in West Palm Beach, FL for 20 years and has been on the staff of Columbia Hospital and several Addiction Treatment centers. He served as Chairman of the Department of Psychiatry at Columbia Hospital and medical director for the various treatment centers.
Dr Agresti’s practice focuses on the treatment of mental illness addictions and dual diagnosis. He has expanded his addictions practice to include outpatient detoxification from both drugs and alcohol. His patient population includes both children and adults.
Our Mission Statement & Approach To Care
- To treat patients with the highest level of care. This care involves treating patients with respect and compassion while maintaining their dignity.
- Consideration for patient rights to privacy, confidentially and safety with individualized treatment that meets the needs and goals of the patient/families served.
- The patient shall be prescribed medicaton(s) when necessary. This medication regime will always be the choice of the prescriber and patient after thorough discussion of treatment plan. The medication choice will be prescribed in the minimum dose required to achieve therapeutic effect for the shortest duration of time with the least amount of interference in the daily activities of the patients’ life.
- Special considerations will be given to problems related to: weight, drowsiness, thought disturbances.
- Medication education: Patients shall be educated to demonstrate understanding of medication usage by means of verbal feedback related to:
- Name of medication
- Desired effect of medication
- Correct administration (time, route and dose)
- Possible side effects of medication
Psychiatric Forensic Expert
Experience in over 150 cases, working with attorneys:
- Personal Injury
- Competency Evaluation
- Custody Cases
- School Board Litigation
- Civil Cases